Morpheus8 is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that pairs microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) energy. This FDA-cleared technology uses tiny needles to deliver RF energy deep into your skin, creating micro lesions that trigger your body’s natural healing response and promote production of new collagen and elastin, to firm and remodel skin.
The treatment benefits a wide range of skin concerns. It can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, firm lax skin, smooth out rough or uneven skin texture, reduce the size of large pores, treat hyperpigmentation and acne scarring, help fade stretch marks, and even reduce some fat, though not significantly enough that you’d have to worry about volume loss in your face.
What are the pros and cons of Morpheus8?
- Morpheus8 is a noninvasive procedure that’s suitable for all skin tones, with little to no risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Treatments can be performed on any body area, for a wide range of skin concerns.
- Morpheus8 treatments are quick, noninvasive, and relatively painless (with the help of a topical numbing cream or local anesthesia).
- It can take up to three months after your initial treatment series to see your full results (new collagen production takes time).
- You’ll need yearly maintenance treatments to keep up noticeable results.
- In Morpheus8 reviews, some RealSelf members have noted unwanted side effects, including bumps, grid marks, and discoloration for about a week post-procedure. A few have experienced hyperpigmentation and scarring, which required additional treatments to resolve.
- It can be painful if your provider uses a higher setting on the device, so ask whether you’ll need just numbing cream or local anesthesia.
Read more: MORPHEUS8: The Benefits of Microneedling with Radiofrequency
To know more about Skincare Devices and Beauty’s latest updates, please Like and Follow our Facebook and Instagram accounts…
Read also: Understanding UV Index And Its Relation To Your Skin