Before doing Cosmetic Surgery, you need to ask yourself a lot of things. It would help if you have done research. Because surgery is irreversible, you should be ready for the risks that come with it, including disappointments when the outcome is not satisfactory for you.
Before deciding, ask yourself these questions.
- What part of myself do I want to change? Is it too ugly?
- Would I still be happy even if I don’t do the surgery?
- Have I researched enough about the procedure?
- Am I aware of the risks and consequences?
- Can I afford it?
- Are there any alternative ways besides surgery?
- Do I want cosmetic surgery for myself or to please someone else?
- Is it going to improve my overall well-being?
Do research first before saying yes.
- Research the procedure on the internet, ask your friends who underwent the same surgery; dig deeper. Try to find out as much as you can.
- Contemplate all the costs, including unexpected expenses, maintenance, and future procedures needed. Is your income enough for all of these?
Experts are the key to your questions.
Ask the Professionals. Book a consultation first. They should tell you about the risks, costs, expectations, and consequences. Don’t be afraid to express your anxieties. Be open!
Also read: What Is a Tummy Tuck Procedure?
About the Author:
Germie Alderite is a Registered Medical Technologist in the Philippines. She is currently studying Doctor of Medicine in the said country. Germie worked in an Adventist Wellness Center for a year before entering Medical School. She believes that many transgress the laws of health through ignorance, thus, people need instruction. They need to be impressed with the importance of making their knowledge a guide of life. Physician has many opportunities both of imparting a knowledge of health principles and of showing the importance of putting them into practice.