This homemade lemon facial cleanser requires only two simple ingredients: honey and lemon! If you’ve never thought about making your own homemade facial cleanser, you should seriously consider it! Commercial cleansers are packed full of unnecessary, and sometimes harmful ingredients that can irritate and dry out the skin.
Lemon Facial Cleanser
- 2 tsps raw, organic honey
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (preferably organic)
Why The Lemon Facial Cleanser Works:
This lemon facial cleanser works on many different skin types including oily, acne prone, dry, and aging skin. Because it contains lemon juice though, we advise anyone with sensitive skin against using it as lemons can further irritate the skin. Today, we will show you 3 different ways of using this lemon facial cleanser: as a cleanser, a spot treatment, or as a face mask.
Raw, organic honey has incredible healing abilities and can cure even the most stubborn of acne if used on a regular basis. Honey is also a natural anti-septic and able to cure other skin ailments such as rosacea, blackheads, whiteheads, and dark spots. On top of all of that, honey is also a natural moisturizer so those with dry skin can benefit from this immensely!
Lemon juice acts as natural cleanser and toner. Because of its acidic properties, lemon juice can erase blackheads, dark spots, skin stains, and also naturally lighten the skin due to its bleaching properties.
You can use this facial cleanser every day, or apply it as a mask 2-3 times a week in order to see results.
Lemon Facial Cleanser:
- In a small bowl, combine the honey with the lemon juice.
- Stir into well incorporated.
- Wet the skin, and apply as you would any other cleanser.
- Rub in slow, circular motions, and rinse the lemon face wash off with warm water.
- Pat dry and follow up with a moisturizer.
Lemon Honey Spot Treatment:
This lemon honey spot treatment will target acne prone areas. Leave on overnight to treat breakouts. Honey fights off bacteria and lemon juice lightens dark spots to give you clearer skin!
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and lemon juice until well combined.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture directly to pimples, dark spots, and acne scars.
- Leave on overnight.
- Rinse off with warm water in the morning.
Lemon Honey Face Mask:
This is a great face mask for those who don’t have a lot of time. Simply apply the mixture to cleansed skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes. The honey will fight off dirt, impurities, and bacteria, all while hydrating skin. Lemon juice will brighten and exfoliate the skin, leaving skin glowing and clean.
- Mix lemon juice with honey in a small bowl.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the mask onto your face in slow, circular motions.
- Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Follow up with a light moisturizer. Read more……..
Also Read: Tips to care for your skin during menopause