For those of us accustomed to receiving a professional manicure every few weeks, at-home nail care becomes a necessity. However, a common issue with nail care is removing stubborn cuticles. This can be extremely annoying. However, do not despair; by simply following the steps outlined below, you will be able to eliminate even the most obstinate cuticles in no time.
- Begin by thoroughly cleaning your nails to remove any nail polish residue, oil, or other impurities that may have accumulated on them.
- Following that, apply a small amount of cuticle softening cream or oil to each of your cuticles. Allow some time for it to work its magic. This process should take approximately five to seven minutes.
- While the cuticle softener is working, you can file your nails. Bear in mind to be extremely gentle while doing so.
- After approximately five minutes, check and touch your cuticles; they should feel soft at this point. Once they are sufficiently pliable, use the cuticle pusher to gently push them back.
- Following that, take the nail buffer and gently rub it all over your nails. Maintain a back and forth motion across your cuticle and you will soon notice tiny balls of skin at the base of your nails. This will indicate that the cuticles have been dissolved and the nails are ready to be painted.
About the Author:
Germie Alderite is a Registered Medical Technologist in the Philippines. She is currently studying Doctor of Medicine in the said country. Germie worked in an Adventist Wellness Center for a year before entering Medical School. She believes that many transgress the laws of health through ignorance, thus, people need instruction. They need to be impressed with the importance of making their knowledge a guide of life. Physician has many opportunities both of imparting a knowledge of health principles and of showing the importance of putting them into practice.
Also Read: Effects of Blue Light